Call for New Board Members
Women in Resource Development Corporation is inviting expressions of interest from individuals who are interested in joining the Board of Directors in a Director position.
WRDC is a provincial non-profit organization committed to increasing women’s participation in trades and technology. With private and public funding, WRDC offers a variety of programs and services to address challenges surrounding the attraction, recruitment, retention, and advancement of women in these sectors. WRDC was formed in 1997, and created a charitable arm, the Educational Resource Centre (WRDC-ERC), in 2002, to provide hands-on career exploration opportunities for young women and girls.
Board of Directors
The WRDC Board of Directors is a governance board, which governs the organization through a Strategic Plan, Governance Policies and By-laws.
The principal expectations of Board members include:
• Support WRDC’s mandate, values and strategic plan
• Serve a three-year term
• Attend seven two-hour regular board meetings a year
• Attend special meetings as required
• Be willing to serve on the Executive and/or a sub-committee
• Be willing to lend support in their area of expertise on an as-needed basis
Desired Skills, Expertise and Experience:
• Experience on not-for-profit or other corporate boards
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Board governance
• Communications, marketing and/or public relations experience
• Finance expertise and/or experience
• Employment relations/human resources knowledge and/or expertise
• Strategic planning expertise and/or experience
• Knowledge of and/or experience with women in trades and technology
Additional information about the WRDC Board of Directors and expectations of Board Members will be forwarded to individuals who express interest. New board members will be appointed by the Board of Directors through an established appointment process.
To express interest in joining the WRDC Board of Directors for open Director positions, please complete the WRDC Self Nomination Form (attach a CV) and send it to Kerri Best, WRDC Board Chair at [email protected] by September 22nd, 2017.