Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Lead, Finance & Administration will be responsible for leading the finance department functions of WRDC. The Lead, Finance & Administration will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of organizational policies and practices that meet or exceed professional and sector specific standards and guidelines. They will be an inclusive leader and will lead and mentor employees within the finance team, providing subject matter expertise and guidance as well as talent management.
The successful candidate will have experience and passion for creating and implementing efficient controls systems and understands the importance of financial oversight for a not-for-profit organization. As we grow, so do our needs for reporting, forecasting, data analysis, compliance, management of funding agreements, and project-based accounting with that our processes and controls will evolve. The Lead, Finance & Administration will be motivated to keep up with best practices.
Our Lead, Finance & Administration will pride themselves on their professionalism and appreciate the importance of confidentiality and discretion. In addition, the individual will be an effective leader who is comfortable supervising a team including delegation, performance, and oversight of employees.
We’re making a difference, and we want you on our team!
In addition to the above, the responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Manage accounting systems, financial reporting, fiscal and project budgets, and controls systems
- Ensure that all accounting complies with General Accepted Accounting Principles requirements and WRDC and associated project policies.
- Oversee accounting and bookkeeping functions including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, banking and visa, payroll, and benefits administration
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual and ad hoc financial reports to CEO & Board of Directors in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all required reporting is completed within required time frames with high quality and accuracy
- Support in the preparation of annual external audit processes
- Maintain statutory and best-practice processes relevant to an incorporated non-profit and charitable organization
- Oversee and implement document control processes and ensure alignment with regulatory requirements
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact Kristina Ennis at email@example.com or (709) 689-2443.