This year, six (6) $1,500 scholarships will be available to female students enrolling in once of these qualified program to commence in September.
- Powerline Technician
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
- Construction/Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Systems Engineering Technology
- Power Engineering Technology
- Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Chemical Control Engineering Technology
- Environmental Engineering Technology
Only those accepted for one of the programs listed above will be eligible for a scholarship.
Recipients are selected on the basis of acceptance into a program of study at a recognized post-secondary institution of choice.
- Applicants must be entering their first year in one of the programs listed above.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Applicants must demonstrate skills relating to teamwork, communication, leadership, dignity, and respect.
- Preference may be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of an unbiased application and selection process.
- WRDC Trades & Technology Scholarship Application (download application)
- Written essay (max 500 words) OR video essay (max 4 minutes) – telling us why you deserve a scholarship
- Reference letter (minimum of one, maximum of two)
The selection committee, made up of WRDC Career Development Practitioners, will review the applications and award the scholarships in September 2024.
Submit completed applications to:
Women in Resource Development Corporation (WRDC)
The deadline for submission of applications is month/day, 2024
Application & Information
- Download WRDC Trades & Technology Scholarship Application
- View/Download FAQ Sheet
For more information please contact us.
Past Scholarship & Award Recipients
2021 DEI Award Recipients
2022 Scholarship Recipients
2020 Scholarship Recipients
2018 Diversity and Inclusion Awards