Tech Tours for Girls is a two-day day post-secondary career exploration experience for high school girls from grades ten to twelve. The event is hosted by College of the North Atlantic and Marine Institute. The primary goal of the event is to raise awareness about the various post secondary opportunities available to female students, allowing them to explore career options in the technology sector.
During Tech Tours for Girls, participants:
- tour laboratories, classrooms and engineering technology facilities;
- participate in hands-on demonstrations;
- participate in interactive workshops;
- take part in a panel discussion with current female students enrolled in technology-related programs;
- meet female role models working in STEM-related and technology fields;
- create new friendships with girls from other schools; and
- gather information about career opportunities.
“I had an amazing time throughout this tour and it has opened up eyes about what I can do with my future.”